Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's Not Your Fault (this Time) - It's Jim Cramer's

So, dear readers, I recently have found myself in the midst of the umpteen millions of you that are unemployed (Really, Jack, but I thought this was your job?? I know, right?? Who knew that I don't get paid for writing this crap?) and I have to say that I find it far more troubling than last year when I was in the midst of the umpteen millions of you that are simply under employed and earned only 40% of my normal salary.

Now, I can read the tea leaves as well as the next guy, and frankly, whenever I hear Jim Cramer (Jackball) tell a member of the Today Show cast that he thinks "we've seen the worst of it," my balls jump back inside and I have to run to the bathroom to keep from pissing myself in fear.

While I sit here nearly on my way to chucking a 3-bedroom house into storage and moving back in with the in-laws or my own parents in less than 60 days, I am hopeful that the long-term work that I have been doing at my company will pay off. I hope that Jackb- er- Jim Cramer is right. I'd love nothing more than for this ridiculous recession to be over and done with. How about you?

In my case, I've been fired from jobs for being a jackball, myself (hard to believe, I know). I also know what it is to f--k up and earn the consequence of your actions. Those of you who have been laid off in this environment, however, know that's not why you're out of work and at least for me, I have to say what kills me is that, intellectually, I know that it's not "my fault." At the same time, emotionally, it feels like it is - I'm sure that's a natural response - maybe you understand or have felt that yourself.

Let's find out - I'd like to hear your stories readers. I'd like to know what you're feeling these days.  

Copyright © 2010, Jackballs Blog.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment